Directory of Blind Talent
The online Blind Talent Agency of the future – we call it our Directory of Blind Talent, and it has two purposes:
- To facilitate the development and maintenance of an online, searchable directory of blind performers (actors,voice-over artists, musicians, dancers, etc.) as a resource to employers in the entertainment industry.
- To collect and make available (through web-searchable data) information of particular interest to blind performers.
Professional Media Arts & Technologies Training (Pro-MATT)
The Accessible Planet’s Professional Media Arts & Technologies Training provides job skills training in the media field for youth and adults with disabilities. Specific training areas include:
- audio engineering
- audio description writing, video description production, and video description quality control
Work experience, job placement services and professional mentoring services are included.
Pro-MATT Professional Development Workshops Now Enrolling
The Accessible Planet’s first ever Professional Development Workshop to certify blind professionals as Description Quality Specialists!
With funding from the Video Description Research and Development Center, The Accessible Planet has partnered with the National Federation of the Blind, to offer the Planet’s first ever job skills training program specifically designed to certify blind professionals as Description Quality Specialists in preparation for employment in the video description industry. (See Press Release)
For more information or to apply to attend visit www.nfb.org/vdrdc.
International Society of Blind Audio Engineers (ISBAE)
The International Society of Blind Audio Engineers (ISBAE) was created in 1996 for three purposes:
- To facilitate communication and exchange of information between blind professional audio engineers around the world,
- To create a web-searchable collection of FAQ and archived technical solutions of particular interest to blind audio producers and engineers,
- To match experienced blind audio engineers as mentors with visually impaired youth who aspire to develop careers in audio production.